Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Goals and Dream Life







Today is Thursday.....

    That means today is the day for me to sit down and rewrite my 10 goals for the next 12 months. Every Thursday, I write 10 goals that I want to accomplish in the next 12 months in my goal journal. After completing Chalene Johnson's 30 day Push Challenge, I learned about setting goals and how to work towards my push goal. Basically, your push goal is the one goal that will allow most of your other 9 goals to happen. Each week during the 30 day challenge, you are suppose to set your 10 goals. These 10 goals may change over the course of the past 6 months and that is okay. A few goals will the stay same and others will change depending on your priorities that week.

   The key to writing good goals is making sure they are positive, measurable and given a deadline and written in present tense as though you have already accomplished your goal. For example, if you wanted to write a year goal to pay off your $10,000 mortgage loan debt in the next 12 months, you would say "I own my house free and clear by June 2015. or if you want to earn more income in your business, you would say "I am earning $1000 a week in my business by March 2015."

  DREAM BIG! That's right, don't be afraid to dream big! If your goals don't scare you, then they are NOT big enough! It's okay to get uncomfortable and get a little crazy. By writing your goals each and every week, it will help you stay focused on your goals and help you achieve your dream life.

Since starting this in January, I have noticed that I have accomplished a couple of my goals already! One of my goals was for Ed and I to purchase a house together which we did in March. How cool is that! Now I am working on completing new goals including continuing working on my push goal. With these goals, I can stay focused on my dream life which helps me to work even harder and smarter on my goals daily.

Now I am off to write this weeks 10  Goals....


Share with us in a comment one of your goals. We would love to hear them! :)



1 comment:

  1. It’s good to know that the ’30 day push challenge’ helped you a lot - from your daily life to the toughest challenge in your life. I realized that sometimes, people just need the right push for them to be inspired and become focused on the important goals in their life. Anyway, I hope this will also work when you buy your new house, to somehow lessen the stress of the process.

    Barry Sutton @ Iron Point Mortgage

    ReplyDelete