Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pizza-A-Dough Dough


So I have been honing in on my cooking skills and I must say I have surely surprised myself. I am learning how to cook and bake like my grandma use to do... everything from scratch! And to my astonishment and amazement, I am a pretty darn good cook! Who know! ;)

I made this super delicious pizza and it was SO mouth watering good... I can't wait to make it again. In honor of it being Tuesday and just because, I am starting a new segment on our blog on Tuesdays where I will be sharing the yummy recipes that I find and enjoy as I begin to experiment and learn new recipes. 

Let's face it, I went from NEVER cooking to making items from scratch including the pizza sauce! Stay tuned next Tuesday for the amazing pizza sauce recipe I used. 

Pizza-A-Dough Dough

Ingredients 


  • 2 cups warm water
  • 2 Tablespoons active dry yeast
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 4 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 5 cups flour 
  1. Pour the warm water into a bowl and mix the yeast into the water. Make sure the water is only warm and not hot. If it is hot, it will kill the yeast and we don't want that. Stir until it is completely dissolved. 
  2. Add the sugar, salt, olive oil and flour... mix until it is to hard to mix. 
  3. Flour a surface area and dump the dough onto the floured surface. You will knead the dough for about 5 minutes until it is smooth and not sticky. 
  4. Cut the dough in half! Yes there is enough dough to make two pizzas or you can freeze the other one until later if you only want 1 pizza now. I also used the rest of the dough to make bread sticks. 
  5. Put the dough on the pizza pan and smooth out the dough with your hand until it is as thin as you like. I like a thicker crust, so I left it thicker around the edge. Make sure the pan is greased. You can also roll out the dough on your floured surface first and then move it to the pan. 
  6. Add the sauce and pizza toppings of your choice. 
  7. Bake at 475 degrees for around 12-15 minutes until the crust looks crispy and lightly browned. The thicker the pizza the longer it will take, so keep an eye on it. :)
  8. Allow it to cool after taking it out.
  9. Enjoy!
    Pizza Dough ready for toppings!
Pizza ready to go into the oven


The final pizza... so delicious! :D





No comments:

Post a Comment