Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Who Doesn't LOVE homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies?


So lately, I have been on a cooking from scratch kick here at Dow Farms thanks to Pinterest and all of everyone's lovely inspirational posts and ideas! I decided this weekend to give homemade chocolate chip cookies a try again. It's seriously probably been years since I have made cookies from scratch, but I planned on making these cookies much different than homemade cookies of the past. This time around, I am much more in tune and aware about the importance of organic and non-GMO foods, so I went to the store to purchase organic sugar, whole wheat flour, organic brown sugar, organic eggs, organic butter as well as to pick up some chocolate chips and the other items I needed for the recipe. 

Did I also mention that we recently purchased a brand new range for our new house? I am absolutely in LOVE with this new range and I am sure getting the use of it. This is the first time in years that I have had a real range and we went with gas instead of electric like in the past. Gas is SO much nicer to cook with, but hey if you plan on canning and creating a life made with things from scratch, you need to have a wonderful range capable of producing your work of art, right? 



Well, after creating the cookies from scratch with LOVE, I have to admit these turned out to be the BEST homemade cookies I have ever made! The organic products truly made these cookies bake better as well as taste AMAZING! From now on, I will only use organic products for my cooking and baking. It is well worth the extra cost not only for health benefits, but also for the better taste! :)

Cookie Recipe:

1 cup Organic Butter
3/4 cup Organic Sugar
3/4 cup Organic Brown Sugar
2 large Organic Eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
12 oz chocolate chips

Directions

1. Mix sugars, vanilla and butter
2. Add in eggs
3. Mix all dry ingredients, then add slowly
4. Fold in Chocolate Chips
5. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes per batch on ungreased cookie sheets

Enjoy!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment