Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Simple Homemade Promegran Cherry Protein/Energy Balls



Anyone else sick of chemicals and artificial flavors in so called "food" these days? I, personally, am! Thanks to Pinterest and learning about GMO's and clean eating through my Fitness Coaching business, I am on a making food from scratch kick just like grandma used to make. I can honestly say that I have been living the last 29 years blindly and ignorantly, but now my eyes are open and I am making some changes here at Dow Farms. No more preservatives, no more sugars, no more fake "food" and certainly no more ingredients I can't pronounce.

Here is my first attempt at making Protein/Energy balls from scratch. They might not be the prettiest, but they are delicious, healthy and clean!

Recipe:

1 cup of oats
1/2 cup natural Peanut Butter
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup Pomegran Cherry Granola (Nature's Path Organic)
1/3 cup honey
1 scoop of vanilla whey protein (Beachody)

Mix the ingredients in a large bowl until they are mixed well.
Roll the dough into balls. (I ended up with 14)
Refrigerate for 30 mins.
Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment