Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday

Well, I must admit today was not only special because today was Easter, but it was also special because it was finally beautiful outside here in Michigan. We are both winter people, but it sure is nice to be outside watering our plants and enjoying a little time outdoors. The warmth of the sun on our faces sure does warm our souls. 



The day was spent watering our seedlings and plants. The seedlings are really starting to pop up. This year I am going all out for our garden and keeping my fingers crossed I can actually grow some veggies and fruit this year.  Let's just say my past gardening experience has proven, I do not have a green thumb! We have cucumbers, tomatoes, hot peppers, green peppers, sweet corn, pumpkins, sunflowers, carrots, peas, green beans, watermelon, cantaloupe, gourds, raspberries, grapes, strawberries, and fresh herbs. Boy, is that a lot of stuff! I'm still not really sure where we are going to put all of these plants. One of the many downsides to living in town is we just don't have the yard space we truly want to have for our garden. We will be building our raised garden beds soon and we surely will figure it out though or at least I hope we will! 


Today wasn't all work though. Chevy and I spent some time relaxing in the yard, watching the clouds roll by, and daydreaming. I'm sure Chevy was daydreaming about chasing all the squirrels in the neighborhood while I spent the time daydreaming about our dream farm. Yup, I can see it now..... Big old Farm House with a nice wrap around porch. Acre after acre of plants, fruit trees, and our future kids running a mock on the farm picking fresh fruits and veggies for cooking, selling, and canning while Chevy tags along. We both want to start a brewery/winery as well as having our own farmers market available. Oh the dream life..... We are working hard to make this dream a reality! 

No comments:

Post a Comment